Dave,

I have a similar situation on 75m.  I have a Gap TitanDX antenna mounted
60-70 feet away from the operating position.  I have a 160m off-center fed
dipole that runs 10-15 feet above the roof directly over the operating
position (total distance about 20-25 feet from radio).

If I use the Gap antenna on 75m, I have no problems either barefoot or with
the amp.
If I use the dipole barefoot (no tuner), I have no problems.
If I use the dipole with the amp, PowerSDR says "High SWR" & shuts down.

I have no problems on any other band, with or without the amp.

My gut feeling is that it is an RF feedback problem.  My next task is to
revamp the shack grounding system.  It desparately needs it anyway.

73, Ray, K9DUR