Tim Ellison wrote:
> And for all of you too young to know or too old to forget what a VAX 11
> was (is) and it's predecessor the PDP-11, here is a little history
>
> http://www.webmythology.com/VAXhistory.htm
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/~gbell/Digital/Bell_Retrospective_PDP11_pa
> per_c1998.htm
>

> -Tim
> ----
> Integrated Technical Services
> www.itsco.com

The PDP-11 rocks, for a while I worked for a Medical company and we
switched from PDP-8's to PDP-11's, we were in heaven, what a beautiful
machine to write assembler code for. And it was easy to create a good
compiler for it also.

For dinky home projects I like to use the MSP430 family it's very
reminiscent of the PDP-11 like instruction set.

KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com www.hpsdr.com

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"  Don Seglio Batuna