KA5MIR wrote:
>> I know Open Office will do it brilliantly, but because of various
>> complexities with the doc file, it will not import this file correctly,
>> which is too bad.
>
> That is a shame.  In the spirit of freedom and open source, like Flex and
> PowerSDR, everyone who can, please consider OpenOffice.  It is "Open Source"
> and "Free" and as Joe said, it prints pdf's directly.
>
> Once information gets into a "proprietary" format, it can be difficult to pry
> it loose from dependency on a particular vendors software.

Agreed. OO -> Office works immeasurably better than Office -> OO.
Rather than throwing money after Acrobat, perhaps the more
effective course would be to migrate the manual to OO.

My wife (of all people!) has recently become an OO convert from
Office, even on XP. That should be proof enough for anyone that OO
is the place to be :-)

73
Frank
AB2KT