Thanks for all the replies...

Well, it would appear my rx is gone for sure since I posted this
thread.  I don't have the USB interface, so I can't tell if it has
anything to do with the parallel port.  All I know is that my rx will
not come alive this time.  I can hear some signals, however very weak,
like - 135 dbm.  I thought something may have happened to the
feedline/antenna, but the SDR transmits fines with low SWR.  Does this
sound typical of front end failure tothe receiver or could it be
something more obvious and user repairable?

Thanks,
Brian / w5ami