Kevin (and list),

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble and that I couldn't help you out
more quickly.  There are a limited number of software options that could
cause this issue.  So for starters, does the RX work OK?  I take it that it
does as I haven't seen anything that suggests otherwise.  This tells me that
the control side of things is setup properly and I trust that the audio
connectors are still in the original place.  Do you get any power out when
you hit the TUN button?  Try hitting TUN with the monitor (MON) off.  If you
can still hear a tone, then that would suggest that the monitor and radio
output plugs are reversed at the soundcard.

Beyond that, here are a few things to check:

1.      Make sure the noise gate is off.
2.      Make sure VAC is turned off (disabled).
3.      Make sure that the MIC level is reasonable and that you can see
deflections on the TX Meter when it is in the Mic setting (if not, double
check your microphone/soundcard cabling).
4.      Check the Drive (output power) setting.

That's all that I can think of at the moment.  Give those things a try and
let me know what you find.  We'll get you back online one way or another.

Eric Wachsmann

FlexRadio Systems

  _____