-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stig Rasmussen
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:46 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex Radio for Remote Operations

Hello,

I've playing around the last days with this. I use LogMeIn to
remotecontrol
the computer running Power-SDR.
Works great but the display update is of course delayed a lot.

I read today the article Q10082 - HOWTO: Remote Audio Rev 2.2 for the
Flex-Radio SDR-1000, and I dont understand
why to use an external VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) program? I dont use
such
program.

I use Skype for the sound.
I use a Toshiba laptop with internal "Realtek AC97 Audio" and use that
for
this audio.
(For the SDR-1000 I use Firebox.)
In Power-SDR, the Audio VAC setup, I just select Driver=MME,
Input=Realtek
AC97 Audio, and Output=Realtek AC97 Audio.
"Enable VAC" is checked of course.
Play around with Windows Mixer to get the sound levels right.
NB. Don't let Skype control the Audio.(A setting in Skype) This makes
Skype
automaticly change to use the mic(in mixer) and not the "Stereo mix" for
recording (sending out sound).
Works fine for me. (Skype is not ideal I think. I may connect several
times
to get a "good line".

73's de
LA4WAA, Stig - Oslo - Norway