-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ignacio Cembreros
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:21 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] High Static Levels

Dudley Hurry wrote:
> I also thought that the cable had to be more than just a "printer"
> cable.   Mine is a full 25 pin cable 6 feet long and works
> perfectly..    Not having a good parallel interface and cable can
> cause a lot of problems
>
> Also on the movement of the cursor causing a the receiver to go
> deaf,  mine is showing about 3 to 5 % normally,  but when I drag the
> Freq with the cursor then the process percentage jumps to 25 to
> 30%,  might be running out of CPU cycles.
>
> 73,
> Dudley
> WA5QPZ
>
> At 11:56 AM 12/5/2006, Willi Reppel wrote:
>
>> John,
>> Make sure the printer cable is as short as possible.
>> This was already a topic 2-3 years ago when you still could buy
parallel
>> line conditioners in computer shops.
>> You can get mine for free, if you pay the postage from Europe to the
US
>> because I replaced the conditioner with the USB-Parallel Adapter from
>> Flex-Radio.
>>
>> vy 73 de SM6OMH
>>
>> Willi

PowerFlex
>>> back to life.   I'm using the standard Parallel cable with a newer,
but
>>> cheap,  PC.  (cheap barebones kit from TigerDirect with a very
inexpensive
>>> power supply)
>>>
>>> I will measure the pin voltages when I get home tonight.  Do you
think the
>>> use of the USB adapter as sold by Flex will help resolve this
receiver
>>> going deaf problem.   I have been under the impression that the
Parallel
>>> cable is the preferred method if the PC has the parallel port.
>>>
>>> Any other's comment on this?
>>>
>>> 73  John, N3WT

attempts,

Hello all,
Since I also experience this  receiver deafening problem, I tried to
trace  the cause. After remembering the problems discused 2 or 3 years
ago and reading all the above I realized that the near cause was a loss
of  the LO.  Either it became too far in frequency or low in amplitude,
since it disappeared in a nearby receiver listenig to the LO feedthrough

to the antenna connector.  Since it happened during fast reprogramming
of the DDS (fast tunning), it sounded to me it was related to the
parallel conection, either low in level or a bad cable.  I opened the
connectors and found that mine was not a full 25 wires point to point,
but a 18 conductor cable with 7 pins connected on both sides to the
cable shield.  I replaced it with a 6 ft real 25 conductor cable and the

problem is over.

--
73 de Ignacio, EB4APL