Thanks Tim.

I have both the the Delta 44 and the Fa-66 Edirol. I have check
both against a very weak sig that is steady on 6 meters. My measurements
with the S meter, NOT the S Meter, Ho Ho, the real thing (dbm digital meter)
is .5 to 3.0 dbm better with the Edirol. I wanted to know an unbais opinion
from an expert. Thanks.

Kevin,

I think you would throw rocks at your proiii if you tried the SDR on
6. You need the right stuff along with the SDR

You need antenna switches (coax relays betwen the SDR and the Down East
preamp, an amp that will take .5 watts to 50- 100  (I use a TE Systems Amp)
depending on how much power you need to drive the 1K amp, (I use a 4cx800)
antenna relay properly sequenced and you need a good directional antenna. (I
use an M2) Single conversion on 6 meters is unheard of but there are many
advantages.

Much fun on scatter and tropo!

Dave, W9DR