I did recently install a wireless d-link network in my house, and I
think it is the culprit.  There is an activity led on the rear of the
wireless card that will blink from time to time, but I discovered that
when this audio popping starts, the led blinks quite rapidly, and in
sync with the pops!

Now that I think I've found the culprit, I'm not sure what to do to
fix it, or if there even is a fix.

Any suggestions?

The wireless card is a DWA-542 "Rangebooster" and the router is a
D-Link DIR-625.

I did try adjusting the priority on PowerSDR to real time, but it didn't help.
I figure there is some sort of timed ping or something the card is
performing when this happens.