NJ1H, SDR-1000 & R5 Vertical Takes First Place Low Power SSB World Wide WPX
Contest for the Single Operator Assisted - All Band division for 1ST Area.

I received in the mail today the above award certificate from CQ magazine.
As noted on page 111 of January 2007 CQ magazine, I was a certificate
winner. This was a surprise to me as I have a modest station. My effort was
search and pounce with all contacts on 20M through 10M using the R5 vertical
except for 2 contacts on 40M with a random wire in the attic. The Panadapter
is great for search and pounce. I almost always click tune with the mouse on
frequency enough to make the QSO.

I used N1MM contest software in conjunction with the SDR-1000 with D-44,
Santa Cruz & MB sound circuits running all software on a 2.53 MHz P4 & 1G
byte of memory. N1MM rig comm virtual port and voice keyer used.  Santa Cruz
provided microphone pre-amp and voice keyer output/mixing function. MB sound
circuit provides additional computer sound mixing functions.

Score was 186,714 with 323 QSOs and 253 prefixes. On air time was about 17
hours. I submitted 329 QSOs with only 6 bad QSOs.

If I appear to be tooting my own horn, perhaps a bit; but the SDR-1000 was
definitely a contributing factor.

The SDR-1000 has provided me with lots of fun over the last 2 years!

73,

Bill

NJ1H