Mine appears as a rippled flattop. Perhaps I can send you a screenshot.

Reminds me of Devils Tower in Wyoming.

Edwin Marzan
AB2VW

From: "Fred Brandeberry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Edwin Marzan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Do I have an RF feedback problem?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:25:06 -0700

Edwin,

Mine is similar, if I use the mike connection on the SDR1000. If I connect the mike directly to the D44 box, it drops to -60db or better. In my case the "noise" has been described as a hum, not a rushing sound though. I am curious to know what the panadapter "pedestal" looks like, smooth, rippled, flat, or like mine approximately exponential increasing on lows.
73,
Fred
WA8KCW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edwin Marzan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>