  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
  Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:10 AM
  Subject: [Flexradio] Spur on AM

  Another option worthy of consideration for isolation transformers is the
  IT-4 by Pro Co out of Kalamazoo MI. This unit is a 4 channel isolation
  transformer unit in a single rank mount complete with XLR or 1/4  inch
connectors. It
  also includes a switch for each channel to lift the  ground. Frequency
response
  at +/- .5 db is  20hz to 20khz. the -3db response is less than 2 cps to
  85khz.  Phase  response is less than 3 degrees at 20khz. I have a pair of the
  Jensen  transformers and replaced them with this unit using a FA-66 sound
card. I
  can  not tell the difference in any respect. I used all four channels to
  capture all  the lines going to the Flex. The radio works better now that
ever
  before however  I did make the switch when I upgraded from the M-44 card to
the
  FA-66. The IT-4  lacks the Farady Shielding that the Jensen has but then
again
  $260 for  four transformers in a neat package vs $100 plus per transformer
for
  the Jensen  combined with great performance I thought made this unit a worthy
  consideration.  Shadow spur on AM is down 50db with th IT-4 and every other
  adjustment  works exactly as it should and absolutely no 11 khz IF hump.
Just a
  thought for you transformer seekers.    WB9DNZ   Greg