At 07:34 PM 2/2/2007, FireBrick wrote:

>My Dell 3.2 mHz machine has one com port (presently used to control my
>antenna rotor).
>
>Questions:
>1: I would need the USB to Parallel Adapter Y/N

Consider adding a card to give you serial/paralel ports. Maybe
Rosewill 303 like
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Brand=2177&N=2000010073+50002177&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=2177&SubCategory=73

gives 2S1P - needs PCI slot.

>2. On page 2 of manual, It says the ouput is 40W continuous carrier.
>I operate a lot of rtty and psk, Is the software programmable/automatice to
>reduce the power when operating in these mode.

You can set power on PowerSDR screen.

>I prefer and presently use ALC to control my rig and my Yaesu VL1000
>transistorized amplifier.

ALC control of the Quadra is not possible. I have Quadra. Read your
manual - Yaesu says ALC is essential so I don't use mine with SDR-1000.

>Bill H. in Chicagoland

Jerry W4UK