Guy Olinger, K2AV wrote:

>With all the above as a caveat, I would be surprised if the engineers
>that designed the FA-66 ever tested it in a high RF environment. It's
>an AUDIO box, right?  (Those hams are doing WHAT with it?)

I went to buy a new microphone today. I didn't like what was available
at the local RatShack or Fry's, so went over to the Guitar Center
emporium. They had a good deal on the Shure SM57, and during the
negotiations they asked what I would be using it for. They were quite
impressed when I mentioned running it into the Edirol FA-66, but when I
started explaining the Software Defined, Amateur Radio application they
had that drop-jawed, WTF? look.
Maybe if I had caught them just after their 'smoke' break it would have
made more sense to them.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an
160m > 10Gigs