Why not "resample" the 192kHz. input down to 48kHz. on the
  fly as a button selectable option for receive, while leaving the
  I/O stream intact to preserve the lower latency for  transmit.

  Ned, K1NJ

Kirb Nesbitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Charles,
while I fully understand the intent behind sharpening up the filters for
battle in contests etc., I've found that in practice the radio continues
to  exhibit excellent filter response using DSP buffer and sampling rate
settings which, while not absolutely optimized from a filter performance
perspective, provide low latency operation equal in "feel" to my other
more traditional radios.
For example, your dsp/sampling combo yield an approximate latency of 85
ms! Utilizing the faster sampling rates of the FA-66 (192000), with a
sub-optimal dsp buffer size of 2048 equates to a total latency of 10.7 ms.
Obviously for me the perfectly in-step key-sync and change-over timing
out-weighs the ultimate shape-factor tweak (2048 vs. 4096). Just another
reason to like the flexibility built into this box!

73,

Kirb - VE6IV

Looking for earth-friendly autos?