At 08:42 AM 2/22/2007, Frank Brickle wrote:
>Jim Lux wrote:
>
> > And when will PowerSDR have the new dttsp v2.0 integrated?
> > Does the Windows dttsp v2.0/PowerSDR v2.x still use PortAudio?
>
>That is entirely up to Flex.
>
>The development trunk now supports OSX and linux, and as a
>consequence, FireWire, LAN/WAN distribution of compressed audio,
>and quite a few other features that will require some gymnastics
>to accommodate under XP or Vista.
>
>Since, alone of all the participants, Flex has a strong financial
>stake in the Windows version, but has consistently punted on the
>issue of supporting other platforms, I think it's their
>responsibility and theirs alone to underwrite the modifications
>necessary to support their chosen platform.

Offhand, I suspect that the moderately large base of installed
SDR1000 users have somewhat of a financial stake in a Windows
version, as well.  (hmm.. 1000 users at $1500 investment each.. just
$1.5 Million invested in what you imply is an orphan product that
nobody cares about)

Would flex care to comment on "the road ahead"?

Jim, W6RMK