Dana,

The question of sensitivity still remains as far as I can tell.  Can you
borrow an attenuator and bring the XG1 down to the noise floor on both
yours and Joe's radio.  The 10 dbm  difference may be a calibration
issue rather than a sensitivity issue unless you can still hear signals
on your Yaesu that you cannot hear on your SDR.

73   Tom   W0IVJ