  From: Mike Naruta<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Myrlen Smith<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Cc: FlexRadio<mailto:FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>
  Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 6:35 AM
  Subject: SDR drive power

  Hi Smitty,

  Just curious, are you using the Enhanced SSB profile?

  If so, do they say the same about the DX/Contest profile?

  If you are transmitting a significant part of your
  power at the low and high frequencies not in their
  passband, it may be heard as not as loud.

  Mike - AA8K

  Myrlen Smith wrote:
  > Well Tim I'm using a Delta 44 and a FA-66 which are the recommended sound
cards and are preset.
  > So the output voltage and test are not shown in the audio setup screen.
  >
  > The RF output seems fine it's the ssb talk power that's lacking something.
I would have probably never knew this if some local hams didn't bring this to
my attention. And after looking into it further I see what they mean. They have
sent me recording of my audio which seem fine but seems to be lacking the audio
punch of the Icom and the signal is at least 2 S units lower. And after reading
the peak power in comparision to the Icom and the way it drives the SG-500 amp
I see they haven't been pulling my leg.