At my noisy qth, I have to use the noise blankers.  This results in strong
signals OUTSIDE the filtered bandwidth, anywhere in the 96kc passband,
modulating the noise blanker INSIDE the filtered frequency range.  It often
causes desired signals in the filtered range to be unreadable.

  I would gladly trade spectrum display sensitivity outside the filter range
for narrow passband filtering pre blanker or detector.  It would make the
difference between being able to hear stations or not.  Of course it would
need to be -Optional- and ideally, adjustable.

  You could probably have a separate detector drive just the spectrum display
if you wanted to maintain a full range spectrum display with the pre-filter
on.

  Maybe there is a way to apply the noise blanker to only the filtered audio
in DSP?

  I've tried a range of settings for the blankers, sampling rates and agc,
but can't get rid of this problem.

73'
-Jeff