Possibly because some of us bought into the original dream.  Followed
it by spending our money on the original hardware, suffered the PA
failures and paid for the repairs and upgrades, then bought the
enhanced hardware with the PA, expensive external soundcard options and
these did not work properly either.

So, you will excuse us if we are now skeptical about the latest, and
twice as expensive. "ultimate" SDR radio...

Dave (G0DJA)