Hi,

I've been browsing the code for the console and had an idea, which
might be of interest, especially for contesting with cluster
assistance:

Allow the user to see the the panadapter in a seperate form which
allows resizing and scaling. And in this new panadapter viewer insert
cluster spots (e.g. read from internet via telnet) at the correct
positions. Clicking on a spot jumps to the frequency of the spot.
After working the station or deciding not to, there ought to be a
really quick method of returning to the old (running) qrg.

Logging software like WinTest already can do this, but without a
realtime spectrum display. By combining the two, the operator can
decide if it is worth taking a listen to a spot before leaving his
running frequency, i.e. if one sees there is no signal in the
panadapter, then one won't waste time checking if one can work the
spotted station.

A really deluxe version, would only display stations which have not
been worked and highlight multis. This would mean that the console
would have to be able to communicate with the logging software.

I'm afraid my C# is not good enough to do this myself, apart from the
amount time it would take, but maybe some one might want to try
programming this.

vy 73 de toby