The problem with measuring the shape factor is that it can be changed
significantly by applying a different window in the filter design code. The
measured shape is a snapshot of one possible configuration. It's a tunable
parameter, however, even if it hasn't been brought out to the "front panel"
yet.

73
Frank
AB2KT