We made HUGE advances in the CW TX latency, etc. when we moved to full
duplex transmit before and during a trip I made to Austin in support of
work activities.   Eric complete broke the way the radio is instantiated
and replaced it with a radio class architecture which allows complete
memory of the radio state.  For me,  I have to integrate this receiver
and its firewire  capabilities into several projects.  These initial
changes allowed us to get the CW keydown to waveform latency in the Flex
5000 down to world class QSK times in comparison to MEASURED times as
done by the ARRL labs on the high end radios such as Ten Tec Orion II
and IC 78000.   We do not believe we are at the end of the rope, but at
the beginning!  The changeover on how the 5000 is controlled will
deliver the rest.  People who are downloading the SDX branch will notice
a new file which is a big hint on how the 5000 will be controlled.  The
long term implications are huge as you will see soon: midi.cs

It is my opinion that not only the 5000 but the 1000 will come very
close indeed to support TOR, super good breakin CW (5000 will be real
QSK in any interpretation in my opinion).  I  have the latency down to
about 50ms in the transmission of TOR.  This will be improved once we
figure out what the heck is wrong with Portaudio support of WDM-KS so we
can use this on VAC so we can stop using MME (PIG HOG host).

Bob
N4HY

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.