(sorry to be late to reply... I've been "away")

<QUOTE>
Anything that requires a device driver to run PowerSDR, such as VAC,
VCOM and the new F5K firewire driver must be loaded at boot time.  It's
a windoze thing.
</QUOTE>

This is not correct.  You can load and unload drivers for any device at
any time in Windows.  Try it: Go to Device Manger, right click on a
device and click "disable" (hopefully, not one you need to make your
computer functional... try the CD-ROM).  If you have only one CD-ROM in
your system, the driver will entirely unload from memory.  Now right
click and select "enable"... the driver will be immediately loaded.

Consider things like USB devices.  Plug in the device... the driver is
loaded.  Unplug the device, the driver unloads.

de Peter K1PGV
(I might not know much about DSP, but I write Windows drivers for a
living)


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to