Isn't it local to the radio? That is, isn't the current design causing the problem?

Edwin Marzan
AB2VW

From: "Mark Amos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tim Ellison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Edwin Marzan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re:  [Flexradio] Interesting noise
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:17:25 +0000

I would think that if this were a switching supply artifact it would occur more regularly (or at least more frequently)... Incidentally, I have also seen that "travelling hump" artifact and assumed that it was local (to the radio). Thanks for the info on cleaning up the DC-DC converter - sounds like a good thing to do regardless and if it gets rid of the "travelling hump", great. I suspect that the "spreading" noise that I mentioned below at the start of this thread is something else, but if it goes away when I clean up the DC-DC supply issue - even better!
Mark