Jim, I think that Alan K2WS has plotted the drift of his SDR-1000
and found that the biggest effect was when TRANSMITTING. The PA and
enclosure seemed to heat up quite a bit. The fan then cooled it down
and the master oscillator swung up/down in freq with the temp. If I
remember correctly, the Tx and Rx temps were quite different. He
used an OCXO to stabilize both to within a very small margin (tenths
of a Hz?).
de ken n9vv