At 06:40 AM 6/29/2007, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
>Jim Lux wrote:
>>At 07:23 PM 6/28/2007, Larry Phipps wrote:
>
>>>  My software is free, but not open source.
>>And that appears to be the case for most (if not all) low cost VNA solutions.
>
>The TAPR VNA (sold by Ten-Tec) software is open source and licensed 
>under the GPL.  It's a Windows implementation but there is also a 
>relatively complete Linux port (that could use some volunteer work 
>to turn into a finished product).

Thanks for the pointer.  Which Windows environment is it developed 
in? I tried to load it up in VS2005 C++ and it brought up the 
conversion utility..

Also, all the cal routines are just 1K stubs with a couple includes.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? (VNAR3_HOST_source, both 1.6 
and 2.0) The InstrumentCal.cpp and Calibration.cpp both have 2003 dates.

Oho.. I see, they're buried in the .h and .res files..


ANd, where is the Linux port?  The windows one is awfully tightly 
coupled between UI and processing (e.g. the actual cal work is 
attached to click methods for form controls), and before trying to 
separate them out, maybe someone has already done that.  (My own 
style is to have the click method just invoke a UI independent 
routine somewhere else, so the numerical heavy lifting isn't tied to the UI)

I suppose there's some mailing list around which has all this. I'll 
have to google for it..


>The software and documentation is available at 
>http://www.tapr.org/software_library.php?dir=/pub/n5eg


Not much software documentation there.. just hardware and software 
installation/use


>John

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Mail Stop 161-213
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075
fax: (818)393-6875 



_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to