Jim Lux wrote:
> At 06:40 AM 6/29/2007, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
>> Jim Lux wrote:

>>> And that appears to be the case for most (if not all) low cost VNA
>>> solutions.
>>
>> The TAPR VNA (sold by Ten-Tec) software is open source and licensed
>> under the GPL.  It's a Windows implementation but there is also a
>> relatively complete Linux port (that could use some volunteer work to
>> turn into a finished product).
>
> I assume the "free VNA" bounty for a Linux version offered back in 2004
> hasn't been collected <grin>

Well, it got close enough to be collected -- but it didn't quite get
there.  We had a working Linux system, but it never got sync'd with the
latest version of the Windows code, and there had been some significant
changes to sync.

I would love someone to pick up the challenge, and there is possibly a
sucker, I mean a glorious volunteer, in the wings that I'm working to
convince.

John