Bob McGwier wrote:

> True but I think you already know I did HMM using mixtures of Gaussians
> in 1986 in possibly the best set of  technical papers I ever wrote at
> our common place of business.

Yeah, but I was thinking as well of ICA here.

Also, I'm pretty convinced there is an LPC-codebook-based
heuristic version of this that depends on one-time work, s.t. the
online work is mostly search. The order of the LPC polynomial and
the size of the excitation codebook representing splatter are a
lot smaller than what you need to reconstruct high-quality signal
of interest.

73
Frank
AB2KT