So far the radio has exceeded my expectations. The rx is very smooth
and as sensitive as anything I have ever used (I thought the SDR1K was
the best but there is no 11.5khz hump and I haven't seen any birdies,
etc.). The lack of calibration really is nice, you don't really
appreciate it until you just turn it on and the radio tells Powersdr
what to set things at.

Fit and finish are light years ahead of the SDR1K. The size of the
unit is a bit smaller than I had expected from the pictures and I like
that, it takes very little desk space but it looks like a professional
radio.

The recent changes to PowerSDR are good for both the SDR1K as well as
the 5000a but I think we are seeing the next generation delivered with
1.10.

73
Neal k3nc