Mike McCown wrote:
>   Curious, how do the new 5000 owners like their radios vs. the 1000?
> Mike, N3HY

Hey Mike!

I really like that call.  I have had my Flex 5000 for almost two months.
  It is a much better radio than the SDR-1000 but the thing that gets me
going is the potential.

The SDR-1000 was not very sensitive on 10 and 6 meters.  On six,  stone
deaf might be kind.  The Flex 5000 is both sensitive and clean on both
10 and six meters.  Mine puts out 100watts (or more if I push it) on
both bands.  The CW keying is cleaner.

The SDR-1000 was a little clunky due to all of the cables and connectors
you needed.  It was a great performer but wires were dangling
everywhere.  The Flex5000 has power,  firewire is the only connection to
the computer,  and antenna.  It has 3 antenna jacks (SO-239's) and
myriad other connectors for Rx In, and Rx Out and transverter full
duplex ports (or common).  And on and on.

The full duplex nature of the radio will allow satellite operation very
quickly after it comes out.

Look through the web site and you will see lots of documentation, etc.
and come back here with questions.

Bob
N4HY