If you're having problems communicating with the ATU and problems reading
forward and reflected power this seems to point to the parallel port connection
on the back of the radio.  I think these two things you're having a problem
with are separate functions that both rely on the parallel port to work
properly.

Have you changed anything at the PC end - is the usb cable plugged into the
same usb port that used to work.  Might be a power issue on the usb end - I
think it's been reported that all usb ports are not equal.

73, Pete, N3EVL