-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Samuel Cartinhour
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:38 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Power fluctuation when using PSK31

I'd like to thank everyone who has responded so far to my original
message.

I did a more thorough search through the archives and found additional
postings that seem to describe the same, or a similar behavior with VAC
and MixW (for example, search on "pulsing").

Jim (W4ATK) suggested I try sending a stream of semicolons to get a
better
reading on fwd power. I tried this and see a max power of around 25
watts.
There are still fluctuations down to the single digits during this test.

Tim Ellison asked me to try monitoring my output directly on the MixW
waterfall to check for horizontal lines and listen for drop outs. When I
do this, I definitely see horizontal lines that correspond to brief
audio
pops. There are also slightly longer dropouts during which the signal on
the waterfall actually disappears (i.e., there is a thin black line
across
my signal). During these moments, fwd power is zero.

A few other data points: I am using version 4.04 of VAC. The VAC buffer
is
set to 512. The VAC sample rate is 11025. I am identifying as a TS-2000.

As I mentioned before, I am using an Edirol FA-66. The sound card buffer
size is 1024 and the sample rate is 192000.

The computer is a Dell Dimension E520. "System properties" shows a Dell
Dimension DM061, Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM. With version
1.10.1
of PowerSDR, I rarely see CPU% go over 20%. PowerSDR is set to "normal"
priority. Changing this setting to "high" has no effect on the problem.

Finally, Larry (Wo0Z) has also seen this behavior with MixW but has not
noticed any effect on his ability to make PSK31 contacts.

If there are other tests I should run, or if I should try different
settings, please let me know. I will post the results here.

Sam W2SNX