Jim Lux wrote:

> ...several months from now,
> which aren't online, and aren't free, either...

The Proceedings are available now. They were distributed to attendees.

Considering what TAPR (together with AMSAT) have been contributing
to amateur radio lately -- if you compute a score based on the
tally by Bruce Perens, you too will be convinced it's
extraordinary -- I don't feel bad about perhaps letting them
defray some of the costs by asking interested readers to buy
copies of the volume. Besides, there's lots of other stuff in it
that's worth having.

> Or, does TAPR allow independent distribution of a conference paper?

It's not up to them. Authors retain copyright. I'm the one being a
hardass.

73
Frank
AB2KT