With the latest PC-ALE beta (which has a lot of PowerSDR specific CAT enhancements) and have the PowerSDR (the latest SVN) CAT setup for PowerSDR (aka SDR-1000), I have seen problems during scanning, mostly PTT drop outs. If you do a port trace on the serial port, PC-ALE sends a TR command and PowerSDR does not reply as if it never received it. This is not to infer that the problem is actually a PowerSDR CAT problem, but more of a "something didn't respond properly" issue. Bob and I look into this a few weeks ago and were unable to determine exactly what is going on. There is a lot of software in between PC-ALE and PowerSDR that can go wrong.
I have not set PC-ALE back up since ham shack PC took a dive into the deep end of an empty pool early last week, but toy can verify this yourselves by running portmon and watching the messages that are passed back and forth between PC-ALE and PowerSDR. I suspect it is a timing issue of some sort. -Tim -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter G. Viscarola Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 1:29 PM To: flexradio Subject: [Flexradio] Problems running PCALE with SDR-1000 Anybody have any experience running PCALE and PowerSDR?? I've had VERY little luck getting CAT control to work successfully with my SDR-1000. I'm running PowerSDR V1.8, vCOM, VAC, and a Delta 44. The symptoms are that CAT control will work for a while, and then... just stop working. The baud rate (I've tried my standard speed of 57.6K and also the slower speed 9.6K) and the radio selection (Kenwood or SDR1000) don't seem to matter. Interestingly, when CAT control of PowerSDR stops working if I close PCALE and start another program (such as MixW, for example) the other program can successfully open the COM port but it can't control PowerSDR either. I'm running PowerSDR V1.8 because of the output glitches during digital mode transmit in 1.10.x make it unusable. Anybody with any experience or insight?? de Peter K1PGV -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/attachment s/20071014/b7ea3a91/attachment.html _______________________________________________ FlexRadio mailing list [email protected] http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/ _______________________________________________ FlexRadio mailing list [email protected] http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/ FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

