Dale:

It took a long time to make it happen again this morning, no matter what
size tuning steps I used, but at last it happened when I clicked the 6M
button while on 60M. But it has certainly happened sometimes when making
much smaller frequency changes, e.g., within the 20M band. I don't
recall that it's ever happened while using the scroll wheel with 1KHz steps.

It has happened both with PowerSDR 1.10.3 and with 1.10.4 SVN1679.

I have also noticed that now when I switch on the FLEX-5000 I get four
sets of "dings" (whereas I think I used to get only two before); now I
get low-high, low-high, pause, high-low, low-high -- as though something
connects, disconnects, then reconnects.

I just tried again with SVN1679 after deleting the .mdb file and found
that after a few jumps around in 20M (by clicking the 20M button
repeatedly but not rapidly) the FLEX-5000 disconnected. Also I noticed
that when I first fired up PowerSDR after deleting the old database
there was a series of rapid "double dings" -- but I can't recall the
precise sequence of low-high and high-low.

73

Alan NV8A