Hi all,

A while back, I experienced an unanticipated change in transmit
frequency.  After some on-air audio tweaking with a friend on 28.410
MHz, I settled into a bit of a rag chew with him.  All of a sudden, he
was no longer hearing me, despite every indication on this end that I
was transmitting normally.  He finally found my signal on 28.401 MHz.
I verified the frequency with a second receiver in my shack.  The
transmit frequency remained at .401 through several exchanges, and I
verified that PowerSDR showed the transmit frequency as .410.  There
was no indication that split frequency operation had been tuned on,
and the second VFO was no where near 28.401 anyway.

I should have been a bit more methodical in trouble shooting, however
I just power-cycled the Flex and restarted PowerSDR.  The problem did
not recur during the remainder of the twenty minute or so QSO, or ever
again to my knowledge.  My 5K now seems to have developed a hardware
problem in the PA bias (and my thanks to Dudley for his assistance
with guiding me through the steps to determine the nature of the
failure), so it is on the way back to Texas for repair, and I don't
have it available to experiment with.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what caused the frequency change?

PowerSDR v.1.10.3
Firmware 0.1.1.2
Intel Core Duo with Windows XP Media Center

Dirk W9QA