Craig,

Sounds like you are recording/playing back the I/Q signals to/from
the radio.  By default set at 48000 and set in the WAV Recorder,
options to record Pre-Processed on receive (IF from the radio) and
Post-Processed (IF to the radio)    To record true WAV file ,  change
the options in the WAV recorder to Post-Processed (audio output)  and
Pre-Processed (transmit audio input)  ..  To save some space,  you
could drop the Sample Rate to 11025 or even lower to 8000.   This
file will be saved in the same directory as the PowerSDR.exe that you
are running..   This is the same way that you can record and playback
over the air.

If you would like to change to mp3 format,  you will need to use a
editing tool like Audio MP3 Editor, or Adobe Audition to read the WAV
file to convert.    Windows Media Player doesn't like to read one of
these WAV files to convert..

Hope this helps,

73,
Dudley