Dudley,

Thanks for your tips on using the 'Wave' function for recording and
subsequent conversion to MP3 format.  I followed your instructions and set
the sample rate in PowerSDR Wave to 11025, post-processed receive audio, and
pre-processed audio transmit.

A 15-second recording of a SSB station resulted in a .wav file size of
1.24MB.  I used Wavosaur (freeware) with the VST plug-in called
lame_enc.dll
(for MP3 conversion) and was able to compress the file to a 236 Kb 128
kbit/s MP3 file that sounded good.  I will now start exploring different
sample rates and MP3 conversion bit rates to find the best combination for
audio quality to file size for my website.

Thanks!

73,
Craig, AE7I