Hi All

I have a late model SDR1K I have just setup and I cannot run the later
versions of PowerSDR because of High SWR errors, into a dummy load, or my
low SWR antennas, also it seems worse on 40m and down, on 160 I can just
key the mic on SSB into a dummy load and it goes nuts, on the PowerSDR
multimeter, it's showing like 5 watts forward when it's dead keying 100,
and it's showing 20W reflected when there is none. I think that's the
issue, somehow the calibration of the PA is out of whack, BTW, I have
never been able to calibrate this rig's PA, I read in the knowledge base
that others had the same issue, I took some advice and manually adjusted
each band for the output as specified in the setup's TUNE level on a good
wattmeter, this seems to have the output correct on all bands,

I got on the SVN server last night and have the best running version so
far.  It was in the 1.8 folder but when I ran it it sez it's 1.6.3 SVN
788, it's the only one which has let me run normal power, I can run the
stock 1.8 Power SDR without too many problems, but I should add I get the
high SWR warning on all versions, just on the older ones it doesn't cut
the power back as bad as the new ones, As far as hardware, I don't think
there is anything wrong with the SDR1K, I worked almost 100 QSO's in the
160 meter contest, and almost another 100 in the TARA RTTY contest and at
no time could I even detect the air flow getting warm, it stays cool to
the touch.

Another minor issure is on the TS-2000 emulation, I was wondering if
anyone has the SDR1K working with Winlog32? I cannot get it to track
PowerSDR, I can change freq from the RCW or cluster spots, but nothing
from the Flex, I think it need the VFO to be polled, that's what cured it
in MMTTY but G0CUZ the author says that is not needed, I have to admit my
old TS-940 with a Piexx board worked fine under Winlog,

And the final issue, though no fault of Flex is extremely annoying, could
someone please tell me how to remove the "always on top" off of N1MM
Logger? In search and pounce mode it's almost impossible to tune the rig,
even with a dual monitor system since as soon as you touch the PowerSDR,
N1MM comes to the foreground, I had found that bothersome even before the
Flex if I wanted to check e-mail during a contesting break, you just about
have to shut N1MM down to do anything, but I must say it's the King of
contest software IMO, very hard to beat,

I really like this radio, and tomorrow when another gig of dual channel
DDR400 gets popped into this box it should be even better. The freq.
stabilty seems on par with any other rig I have ran, no drfit is
noticable, after this panadapter, it would be hard to go back to an "old
fashioned" radio.

Any ideas on this High SWR?

K4FX



-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to