Eric, Tim, et.al.,

Figured out the problem with the left & right channels reversed.  After I
got my ears cleaned out & REALLY figured out what was going on, the external
speakers ARE correct.  The problem only appers when I use my Heil ProSet
Plus headset, which I purchased circa 2003.  My wife has a Heil ProSet HC-4
headset that we bought at Dayton last year.  They work correctly.  My ProSet
Plus headset is wired incorrectly!

Used the 5000A in the NAQP-SSB on Saturday & it performed nearly flawlessly.
About 3 times during the 10 hours of continuous operating, the radio would
freeze when I un-keyed after making a transmission.  Power cycling the 5000A
& re-starting PowerSDR cured the problem.  Never lost a QSO, 'cause each
time I was calling a station, not sending an exchange.

Am I correct that, with the later SVN's, I can enable VAC & PTT will
override it & allow mic input?  If this is true, I can relegate my MFJ Voice
Keyer to the camper for portable operation in state QSO parties & use one of
the several voice keyer software packages that are out there with the 5000A.

73, Ray, K9DUR