Steve, I'm an avid (rabid?) rtty dxer/contester.
I use both WinWarbler and Writelog.
Both use the MMTTY engine to decode.
VAC 4.08 (I think)

There should be NO latency, at least I have none.
And the 'Tune' button use 'Latency' issue seems to be fixed.

I get instananeous response, I click on the appropriate button or F key in
WW or WLog, and my 5K responds immeadately, as did the 1K.

I also use VAC in CW contesting with WL, no delay of any sort there either.