From: Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "flexradio@flex-radio.biz"
<flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2008 11:21:16 AM
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] MixW & 5000A

First off, your assumption that the SDR-1000 configuration should be applicable
is correct.  Bob's article is based on VAC 3.x  and there is one I wrote based
on 4.x in the KB
http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10218

Refer to that article and then check these things.

If you are having problems keying, this is probably the issue.

1.) Setup Vcom between PowerSDR and MixW as a CAT interface only.  Do not set
any of the serial lines to provide keying.  RTS and DTR should always be on.
Verify the CAT interface is working by the observing the correct frequency
readout on the MixW console.

2.) In MixW, configure it to key using CAT.  You also want to set the default
digi mode to NONE.  Also check CW via Soundcard, and ASFK in place of FSK is
checked too.

-Tim
----