Doug,

Can you provide a bit more detail?

1.) What versions of PowerSDR did you try?
2.) What virtual serial port software packages?
3.) What programs are you using to control PowerSDR?



-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Doug McCormack
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:00 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] Problem with CAT serial port

I have a problem sending CAT commands to PowerSDR.

I have tried various combinations of
1)  Four different computers (XP Home and XP Pro)
2) Three different versions of PowerSDR
3) PowerSDR demo mode versus running my  Flex-1K.
4) Two different programs for virtual com port.
5) Computer-to-computer com port using COM to USB, USB to  COM, COM to COM and 
USB to USB.
6) Four different programs to control the Flex via CAT (Kenwood commands).
7) Various serial settings example 9600:N81

I always have the same problem:

Everything works fine for a variable amount of time (usually 2 or 3 minutes
to 2 or 3 hours) then all of a sudden all CAT control stops.   I need to go
into SDR CAT tab and toggle the "Enable CAT" checkbox, then everything starts 
to work again for a while.

I am trying to use my Flex SDR 1K as remote controlled HF receiver, but 
somebody needs to toggle this checkmark several times a day.

Any advice would be appreciated,

73, Doug VE3EFC
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to