From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter G.
Viscarola
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:48 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Fw: SDR-1000 fan mod question

>I used a nibbling tool to cut out all the metal in the enclosure in the
>direct path of the fan. One big octagonal hole instead of many small
>ones. Reduced noise a great deal. Also tried removing the filter.

Coincidentally, I was fretting over the fan noise from my SDR-1000 also
recently and I did this same mod last weekend (using a Dremel tool).  I
expected a really significant noise reduction, but didn't think the result was
THAT great.  But the mod certainly was super easy.

Anybody else have any good fan noise reduction ideas?

de Peter K1PGV