-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dale Boresz
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 7:40 AM
To: Robert Dennison
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] AGC

Rob,

One of the great things about PowerSDR is that you can so easily adjust
the AGC threshold to accomodate band conditions. Remember though, the
lower the AGC-T setting number, the less the AGC will be compressing the
audio gain, therefore, the greater the audible difference in amplitude
between weak and strong signals, and the lower the background noise
between signal peaks.

If you increase the AGC-T setting to something more like 75 or 80, the
effective audio gain compression is increased considerably, (at the
expense of hearing more band noise relative to signal levels), and the
differences between weak and strong signals will become much less.
Overall it's a noisier listening experience, but you won't be jolted by
the big signals.

73, Dale
WA8SRA

http://www.flex-radio.com/