From: Jim R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 6:52 PM
To: David Beumer WA3FDB; 'Phil LaMarche'; 'FlexRadio Reflector'
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] 6 meters

Dave
    Just a heads-up. CATV meters typically measure levels expressed in dBmV.
(dB referenced to 1 millivolt across 75 ohms). We work with dBmW (dB referenced
to 1 milliwat. for us, this parameter is is across 50 ohms. The CATV meter
reading will be a lot different. The difference between the two at 75 ohms is
that 0 dBmV corresponds to -48.75 dBmW across 75 ohms. I'm not sure what the
difference between 75 and 50 ohms will make in the reading. Maybe someone else
can enlighten us on that.

Jim
K5HY