-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dale Boresz
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:20 PM
To: Jerry Flanders
Cc: FlexRadio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] FW: The inherent muddiness oftypical
amateurtransceiver audio without EQ

Hello Jerry,

You stated:

"Sounds
like you have never actually used it or you would probably not have made
that comment."

I've operated primarily cw for 42 years, and have tried "close-enough QSK"
with my K2. However, I really dislike hearing band noise between letters --
forget about between keying elements. To me, it's distracting and
irritating. On my K2, I set the "t-r" time to 0.06 which is just about right
to allow me to hear the band between words up to about 50 wpm. That works
very well for pile-up situations so that I'm not just calling away while the
DX station is transmitting. It might not be suitable for a full-blown QSK
QSO, but in all my time operating, I've encountered exactly two other op's
who asked if I could work QSK.

For my tastes, the FLEX-5000A's semi-breakin t-r transitions are as fast as
I would want at any speed. In fact, I actually increase the t-r delay a bit
to make sure it only breaks between words and not letters.

Works for me -- and I suspect a few other cw op's out there.

73, Dale
WA8SRA