From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Edwin Marzan
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:34 PM
To: Phil LaMarche; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] FW: It's all about articulation, Phil (inherent muddiness,
of course)

Er, ehm, so which is it? Articulation or Bandwidth? Seems like we were all in
agreement until this post. I figure there's a balance between the two somewhere.

Strangely my extremely articulate Heil PR20 still sounds muddy without extreme
EQ settings! On my Flex, yes, not so much on my Kenwood TS-870.

Have fun!Edwin MarzanAB2VW> > > > ________________________________> > From: Bob
Heil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 2:19 AM> To: Phil
LaMarche> Subject: It's all about articulation, Phil> > > Hi Phil> Thanks for
the note about the FLEX page. Always interesting to read some of> these things.
. . > > Articulation is the key. Bandwidth has NOTHING to do with it....no
matter> what frequency range is, the correct BALANCE of those extended low>
frequencies against the all important articulate mid range is the key ->
something learned from good ole Bell Labs decades ago. Articulation is the> key
to the hundreds of thousands of microphones we have designed and> produced at
Heil Sound since 1982. Now we have brought it to the PRO SOUND> and serious
recording industry and are turning the world upside down with> beautifully
balanced super wide range dynamic microphones with gorgeous> articulation. > >
Fun times, Phil. > > Thanks for keeping me up to date. Hope all is well. > >
Bob Heil, K9EID/6> www.heilsound.com/pro/> from Long Beach