I know this might not be feasible to a lot of people but I keep my
shack computer for solely ham radio activities and use other computers
for email, development, etc. How is the best way to do this? Buy a KVM
switch (keyboard, video, mouse) so you can switch from one computer to
the other with the touch of a button or keyboard command. At Casa del
Crappo I use a triple monitor setup with two of the monitors
switchable between three different computers.

73
Neal

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yep, don't check you mail, you should be playing radio :-)
>
> If your Firewire driver is not in Safe Mode 1, change it to SM1.
>
> I have this problem with MS Outlook.  For some unknown reason, it is
> responsible for some hardware generating a lot of high latency DPCs.  There
> were some things I did that helped some, they are:
>
> 1.) Updated the video driver.
> 2.) Updated the NIC driver (it may be in your chipset driver package if it is
> on the mother board)
>
> If you are using a laptop and/or Vista, the problems can be worse.
>
> PowerSDR v1.12.0 is more CPU intensive especially if you have an RX2
> installed which is probably why you are seeing the problems now.
>
> BTW, my opening statement also has a bit of truth in it.  I don't run Outlook
> anymore when running PowerSDR with an RX2 even though my CPU utilization is
> well below 20% on a multi-core Intel CPU running XP.  Go figure.
>

> -Tim

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com